About Me

Just an 24 year old going on 25 that wants to give some of her views

Friday, June 27, 2014

The Pretentious Writer

I love to write. I write for fun, I write because I enjoy it.
But one thing I'm starting to hate is actual writers.
A lot of them come off really pretentious. I would say I'm still an amateur writer even after eleven years but I only ever started writing to write stories I would enjoy to read.
But some writers are so up them selves. You can usually see this represented most in Brian Griffin as he is shown as an extreme pretentious writer but you wouldn't be shocked how close to the truth it is.
Writer's always think that their way is the best. They will go through your work and nitpick everything. A lot are perfectionist yet don't realize that spending hours going over they work usually doesn't improve it much.
If you've ever talked to one they go on and on about how they develop characters their own way and how it is superior to anyone else's way, how they write, their methods to get the story just right and so on.
I'm actually ashamed to call myself a writer because it means I'm associating with "Those" people.
They criticize everything and go on about how they would've made it better, take everything too seriously and so on.
I'm just sick of a lot of the ones I meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment